Application & Fees
Certified Medical Coder Auditor in Hierarchical Condition Categories (CMCA-HCC)
Why obtain the CMCA-HCC credential?
- Situate yourself for career advancement and increased salary potential.
- Distinguish yourself as a practitioner who has specialized in coding and auditing in HCCs
- Demonstrate to benefit administrators, providers, employers, and 3rd pay payors your commitment to quality care and reduced risks by verifying through certification the skills and competencies you have developed through work experience and or education.
- The CMCA-HCC credential reflects a commitment to advanced coding and auditing processes and standards for health information professionals.
- GED, High School Diploma, or higher
- Passing score on the AHIMA/ MARSI exam
Optional eligibility requirements:
♦ At least two years of experience in HCC coding and auditing.
♦ At least 40 hours of education and training in coding and auditing.
♦ Current credentials.
- Copy of current credentials.
- Description of work experience on both HCC coding and auditing.
- Reference letter
- Signed statement that applicant has read and adheres to the AACMCA Code of Ethics
- Payment of $ 50.00 non-refundable application/certification review fee.
♦ Initial Credential Fee: $ 50.00 (not- required if already paid under application for optional eligibility.
♦ Renewal Fee every two years: $ 50.00
30 hours of continuing education (CEUs) every two years
Provide work history for two years prior to renewal
Signed statement that applicant has read and adheres to the AACMCA Code of Ethics
Payment of $50.00 non-refundable renewal application/certification fee.
Status changes – renewal extensions (if cannot meet CEUs) or inactive status