Application & Fees
Certified Medical Coder Auditor in Hierarchical Condition Categories (CMCA-HCC)
Why obtain the CMCA-HCC credential?
- Situate yourself for career advancement and increased salary potential.
- Distinguish yourself as a practitioner who has specialized in coding and auditing in HCCs
- Demonstrate to benefit administrators, providers, employers, and 3rd pay payors your commitment to quality care and reduced risks by verifying through certification the skills and competencies you have developed through work experience and education.
- The CMCA-HCC credential reflects a commitment to advanced auditing and coding processes and standards for health information professionals.
- The U.S. Department of Labor expects the demand for to grow by __% by 20___ (we can include info from that pamphlet you sent me on coders)
- GED, High School Diploma, or higher
- Passing score on the exam
♦ At least ___ hours of education and training in Coding Auditing with HCCs or related subjects
♦ At least ___ hours of experience
♦ Current credential or license
- Copy of above
- Reference letter
- Signed statement that applicant has read and adheres to the AACMCA Code of Ethics
- Payment of $___ non-refundable application/certification review fee.
♦ Initial Credential Fee: $____
♦ Renewal Fee every two years: $___
____ hours of continuing education (CEUs) every two years
Provide work history for two years prior to renewal
Signed statement that applicant has read and adheres to the AACMCA Code of Ethics
Payment of $___ non-refundable renewal application/certification fee.
Status changes – renewal extensions (if cannot meet CEUs) or inactive status
Become a Superior Member Obtain Certification
Our first sub-specialty coder/auditor designation CMCA-HCC is the newest area of medical reimbursement, Hierarchical Condition Categories or HCCs.
Providing Training & Retraining
AACMCA provides quality review of the MARSI/AHIMA course and the expert continuing education that they provide.
AACMCA Advocates for Your Profession
AACMCA actively monitors, responds, and participates in industry initiatives to increase the awareness of just how specialized your profession has become.